- For some bizarre reason, there isn’t a single payphone in Finland.
- Sauna is the most used Finnish word outside of the motherland.
- I thought it would be Sweden, but apparently Finland has world’s highest annual consumption of milk per capita – around 1 litre per person every day.
- The blue of the Finnish flag represents the water of the thousands of lakes in the country, whereas the white represents snow, of which Finland sees a shit ton of in winter.
- Despite being the eighth largest country Europe, it’s the most sparsely populated country in the European Union.
Sources that helped me find this stuff: FactRepublic.com, LandLopers.com, Quora
1 thought on “Your Daily 5 Nordic Facts : Finland”
Payphone – who needs them in our modern days? Everyone has a mobile phone in Finland!
LikeLiked by 1 person