- Every year on the 13th of October, Finland celebrates an ‘International Day of Failure.’ The purpose of the day is to learn from your mistakes.
- Finland is called ‘The Land of the 1,000 lakes,’ but it actually has more than 188,000 lakes and 98,000 islands.
- In Finland, it’s normal for children read to dogs and cows to improve their self-confidence in reading and because these animals actually like listening and are extremely attentive.
- In Finland, speeding tickets are calculated on a percentage of a person’s wage. This means some Finnish millionaires face fines of over $100,000.
- The Finnish word ‘kalsarikännit’ means to get drunk at home, by yourself, in your underwear.
Sources that helped me find out this stuff: FactRepublic.com, Quora